- Today20132006I am managing a corporation whose scopes of activities include trading (import-export); consulting services (HR development & business development, marketing research/survey, and corporate training of managerial soft skills); commercial & corporate services, including the exclusive English editing; and investment. (Brochures are available at www.myabiz.biz). Business has been made sustainable inspite of the 2007-2009 ordeal of the worldwide economic downturn.
- Today2009For the second half of 2009, under a corporate contract of seasonal commitment as the Chief Executive Officer, with my experience from academic college teaching, corporate training of soft skills of management, and senior management of both educational institution and educational partnership and entrepreneurship, I was entrusted by RIMT for developing and strengthening the institute’s business activities nationwide, through the designing of exclusive certificate programs of management skills and special training courses e.g. for CEO, CFO, COO, and CPO, etc., as well as those of degree programs in co-operation with foreign universities, with inclusion of establishing educational institutes and training schools in targeted provinces of Vietnam.
- Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia
Curtin UniversityMaster of International Business
- Today20062002My key accomplishments were in the training of a very strong HR team; in the rebuilding of everything to strengthen and improve the business operation of the company through the establishing of all new corporate policies, comprehensive guidelines, procedures and formats relating to activities and scopes of business operations and development in Vietnam; in the reinforcement of the various HR functions of Training & Development, Compensation & Benefits, legality, morale motivation of staff and agents, employment, services to expatriates and families, tax issues, and development projects and contingency plans as regionally required; and in initiating HR communication tools e.g. HR-Online and Weekend Newsletters, etc., with a focus on establishing a business-oriented customer-service-best-practiced Human Resources Development Department to further enhance the strength of Human Resources Management. During my tenure, the records of the business achievement of the company, the morale of 300 staff and 7000 agents countrywide, and the consolidation of the whole work force under my management were at the highest ever.
Recruiting Manager, Agency OperationsManulife Vietnam (100% foreign-owned Canada-based life insurer)
Recruiting Manager, Agency Operations
2001 - 2002
I managed the designing of concrete guidelines, procedures and formats of recruitment for nationwide application to meet both quantitative and qualitative criteria in agent recruiting; screening and evaluating agent recruits and conducting personal interviews; developing new ideas and sources for quality recruits; tracking results or gathering statistics from all offices in order to improve selection; training personnel at all offices on recruiting interviews and career seminar presentation; revising all agency brochures and PowerPoint presentations for uniform application in the whole country; lecturing seminars; and leading teams to organize seminars and recruiting candidates for establishing new transaction offices; etc., achieving targets to increase the agent force from 2500 to 7000 meeting requirements quantitatively and qualitatively just in one year, and expanding the business development through the frequent business tours to establish new offices at provinces, thus playing a decisive major part in enabling the company to officially announce to be the first-ever profit-earning life insurer in Vietnam.
- Today20001999I managed both the Human Resources Management and the Business Development of the company in Vietnam in fields of Information Technology, Business English, and enrolment of Vietnamese students for studies in the USA under the sponsorship of family members immigrating to and settling in the USA and Canada; academy organization; the harmonious working with authoritative bodies of both central and local government levels concerning educational and training activities, taxation, investment and planning, and labour departments; lecturing of Business English Courses together with teachers from the USA; marketing survey execution and maintaining proper legality status of the college activities and development to score a fast-growth records financially within one contracted year from getting the investment license from the government.
- Today19991997At FOSCO I managed the building of the Center from the beginning; making, initiating, materializing and completing various plans of development and intensive-extensive expansion of training activities; establishing the constructive co-operation with foreign educational institutions (e.g. CDI and ABC from USA; Nord Anglia, Cambridge, and ILA from UK; and TAFE and Chilsom from Australia, etc); writing English curriculum; lecturing on business English and import-export expertise; conducting investment planning for the company, all helping achieve over all targeted turnover assignment and establish constructive and efficient cooperation with both local and foreign representative offices operating in Hochiminh City, with many key achievements among which the profit-earnings from the developing of various exclusive services first-ever existing in Vietnam and Indochina, e.g. those of English editing for academic studies, diplomatic releases, investment project feasibility reports, and literary writings, translation & interpretation and consultation, etc; scoring the annual turnover of 117% and 145% over the assigned trading targets at the lowest and the highest respectively.
Employment Specialist HeadAs the key person to strengthen the employment services, I managed the human resources issues e.g. selection and supply of qualified staff and preparation of Labour Contracts for all Vietnamese staff recruited by foreign representative offices and diplomatic missions in Hochiminh City; directly negotiating with all foreign employers concerning the staff salary rates and relevant benefits, providing free service of consultation to foreign companies on matters of human resources, Labour Codes, market information, and reconciliation of labour disputes, etc.; and being in charge of interpretation and translation of all official correspondences at FOSCO Headquarters, thus making the services of the company the most reliable and prestigious.
Chief Representative Office Local HeadI was entrusted to manage the diversified work of HR management of local staff and office administration; the work with various services and organizations of both central governmental and municipal levels in Hochiminh City and provinces; business development of both imports into Vietnam (e.g. truck tires, Freon gas for refrigeration industry, textiles/rubber machinery and raw materials, tobacco and cigarette raw materials, paper, chemical, non-ferrous metal like zinc ingot and lead ingot, PVC flooring, plastics resins, GI sheet, steel billet, fabrics and pharmaceuticals, etc.), exports from Vietnam (e.g. raw silk yarn, cashew nuts, and turmeric fingers, etc., with a key achievement in the organization of the first-ever shipments of rice from Vietnam and the conducting of training of Vinacontrol management and experts on how to perform rice inspection and knowledge of rice specifications), the supervision of setting-up and commissioning performance of industrial project investments in Hanoi, Bentre, and Hochiminh City under the Government-of-India Credits; and the participation in World Bank / SIDA / ADB / governmental tenders (e.g. tyre-retreading plants, textile mills, solvent extraction plants, coir units, jute mills, thermal power stations, and supplies of industrial raw materials, etc.); etc., with key achievements in making CIMMCO the strongest foreign company in Vietnam always at the highest turnover of the then market (at average of 70 – 100 million USD plus per annum, at the crucial time when Vietnam was still under the tough trade embargo imposed by the US Government.)
Liaison Office RepresentativeI managed the office administration and market surveys; development of imports of motorcycles, used cars and trucks, marine engines and generators, electronic household items, seeds and flavours and other materials for food and tobacco industries, pigments and other production materials, etc., from Japan and Singapore; and worked with governmental and municipal authorities for arrangement of application for representative office licenses. The key achievements also included the setting up of distribution network and sales development.
State Lecturer of English, Assistant DeanMy work included the delivery of lectures on various subjects like British Literature, British Civilization, English Lexicology, Composition and Grammar, Translation, and Debating; the organization of competition campaigns and community services; the writing and editing of all curricula of the English Department; and the managing and supervising of annual university entrance examinations in Hochiminh City; with the national merit awards presented to me for achievement as the best team-player and leader in the initiatives to develop the quality of teaching and the results of the training.
- Ho Chi Minh City University, Hô Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City UniversityEnglish Language
English Department - I got my BA Degree.
I am managing a corporation whose scopes of activities include trading (import-export); consulting services (HR development & business development, marketing research/survey, and corporate training of managerial soft skills); commercial & corporate services, including the exclusive English editing; and investment. Business has been made sustainable inspite of the 2007-2009 ordeal of the worldwide economic downturn.
Details of my other top management positions at local and foreign companies in diversifying fields, e.g. IT, education, import-export, naming just a few, are available at my company's website at www.myabiz.biz.
Some achievement of mine may include my being the person to successfully conduct the first ever commercial export of rice from Vietnam 22 yeras ago, enabling Vietnam to get through to the world's market as the second largest exporter of rice worldwide.
With proven skills and demonstration of professionalism, committedness, versatile knowledgeability, both personal and corporate social responsibility, and integrity, I have been approached by clients for business development in Vietnam.
I have been contributing a lot of articles at www.emotino.com in Vietnamese or English on various topics, ranging from economy, investment, tourism, advertisement, and marketing, to agri-forestry development, industrial investment, history, culture, education and politics - naming just a few.
I am a righteous Vietnamese professional; hence, all opinions or materials of anti-communism, anti-Vietnam, and/or anti-religious contents are never welcome.
I am holding a Master's Degree of International Business from Curtin University.
Hoang Huu Phuoc, MIB
CEO, MYA BizCorp
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
84-98-8898-399 / 84-1-6969-81869 / 84-1-68999-6266